Gray day

Easter Sunday the beach was filled with families, students on spring break, surfers, fishermen (and fisher-women if I must be PC) and there was lots of sunshine. Picnics abounded, children's shrieks and giggles mingled with the gull's cries and it was like a slice of summer fun. 

One day later and the beach was deserted -- almost desolate. The sun was hidden by thick clouds and the gray skies made the beach seem almost monochromatic. The distinction between sand, surf and sky was blurred. A very strange day indeed. I saw only one other person on my two mile trek and if it had been cold that may be understandable, but it was 76 degrees, a little breezy but not bad. The difference between the two days was as if someone had flipped a switch. I have heard that while in Florida, if you don't like the weather... just wait five minutes. Well, change it did. I must say I like it both ways. This gray day was peaceful and solitary... it was good.

No comments: