Romanesco Delight

Ah-h-h-h Romanesco Delight... it sounds like a film title, an Italian film at that!
But THIS Romanesco delight was a delightful little alien-looking treasure I found at the farmer's market. 
How surprised I was to learn that it is actually a cauliflower. Romanesco cauliflower to be exact. 
Add to that how delighted I was to discover that in spite of its strange looks, this little vegetable was simple delicious. This one was roasted in the oven with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. It's alien companion was steamed and devoured before it could have its picture taken. 
Either way you cook it... this was a new treat for me and one that was a delicious and delightful experience. Yum! 

Hum-m-m-m, here's a thought... I'll bet that kids who don't like vegetables will eat this little guy simply because it looks like something from outer space. 

No comments: