Cantaloupe season

I've been expecting them, but on my trip to the farmer's market I finally met up with our wonderful Florida cantaloupe. Fresh off the vine and right out of the fields of south Florida this time of year, these heavenly bits of sunshine for the mouth are soooooooooo delicious. They taste nothing like what you find in colored cardboard in the grocery store. Heaven until the first of July when they are gone until next April.
I added some summer squash, including the darling and tasty little patty-pan squash, along with kale and parsley from my own garden and have a basket of delightful, colorful and tasty treats to share with you.
Along with the cantaloupe, there are fresh watermelons also in season this time of year. Alas, eating watermelon gives me hives so I must resist. But melon lovers... it's time! Hurrah.

No comments: